Thursday, February 18, 2010

Piano Blocks

I like the look of wooden 2" x 4"s cut into blocks and made into words. I wonder who the creative woman was who first thought to make them; she's a genius.

Most of them I've seen say "love" or "home" or the names of the seasons. I wanted some for my piano teaching studio that said--you guessed it!--"piano". I found the background papers and ribbons at Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Joann's, and bought the pre-cut letters at Joann's. (Alas, I don't have a Cricut, and it took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do about the letters.) My piano teaching room is decorated in a black and white theme; I love those colors together, and piano keys and music are always black and white. It was easy to find a good variety of ribbons and paper in black and white.
I wish the pictures did a better job of showing the red jewels. I put them on all the blocks to add some interest to the black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment