Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green is for St Patrick's Day and the 1st day of Spring!!

For many years we've celebrated St. Patrick's day(March 17th) and the first day of spring (March 21st) by having a Green Party. It's been fun to collect green dishes and decorations through the years.
I have a table on the porch that I filled with greenery. I found a green light bulb at a dollar sale and used it on the porch, so the stage was set even before the guests came into the house.

Here's a partial picture of the spread. In the invitations I told the guests to wear green and bring a green food item, and prizes would be given for the person wearing the most green and with the most unusual green food item. The prizes were green plants.

These were two of the food items I served. I made the wraps filled with a spinach dip, and served the green guacachips with green salsa. I also made the shamrock cookies in the picture above. One year when we had the party, nearly every guest brought guacamole and tortilla chips!
Some cheap, but very green, decorations. (See those dishes on the stand at the right? Those are some of my great-grandmother's china.)
I like to light things up whenever I can.
Remember the tree from Valentine's Day? Here it is again.

You can't tell, but on the table below the castle is a fountain. I bought the wooden shoes with tulips in them on a trip to Holland many years ago.

The party was lots of fun, and gave me an excuse to do many of the things I love: make a fun invitation, decorate, and do some creative cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment